Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How can the Bar Association help to find an attorney?
Our Lawyer Referral Service is a member directory provided by the Bar Association to assist the public in locating an attorney. All lawyers listed in the "Find A Lawyer" database are current members of the Bar. 


How do I go about selecting an attorney?
It is important to select an attorney who can help with the specific legal problem. Most lawyers practice in certain areas and only take cases in their practice areas. An attorney who cannot help you may still be able to refer you to an attorney or law firm that does handle your type of legal matter. If you call a law office and learn they do not practice the type of law you need help with, ask them if they can recommend another firm.


How can I file a complaint against an attorney?
If you ultimately believe that an attorney may have violated the Rules of Professional Conduct, you can call the Office of Disciplinary Counsel at
(340) 693-4127.
They will help you work out a solution with your lawyer. In addition, the Office of Disciplinary Counsel will give you further information on filing a complaint against an attorney.


How can I find out more about what the VIBA does for the public?

We provide a variety of information and services for the public–from consumer legal information to information about the attorney grievance process, find a lawyer, moot court and law day. If you have ideas or suggestions on how to improve this page, please send an e-mail to


Does the Virgin Islands Bar Association offer legal forms?
We do not offer legal forms.